(Eight short paragraphs plus endnotes, Revision Two, 5-31-2016 by Peter Voluntaryistic Walker)
1. The disease model is organ->disorder->symptom. The social organ is culture, the disorder is the spread of unreason-memes, and the symptoms both by design and social inertia are the non-superclass fighting each other. I included “1776” in the title because it was an experiment in limited government and long ago the results were in and said limited government is an oxymoron. The symbol of an all-seeing eye (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-seeing_eye) on top of layered bricks, what I call “The All-Seeing Pyramid”, is the perfect diagram of how most if not all mainstream human cultures work. The version on the reverse of 1935 and later United States dollar bills is based on the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States. In the 1782 words of the Continental Congress, it’s “A pyramid unfinished. In the zenith an eye in a triangle, surrounded by a glory, proper.”
1.a. The horizontal layers of bricks represent social class. Some societies have more social mobility between the layers than others, but their mainstream cultures maintain the horizontal layers as a form of command-and-control for the Orwellian all-seeing top layer.
1.b. The vertical lines within each layer represent what in a healthy society would be marginal differences such as age, ethnic group, abilities/disabilities, gender/gender-preference, political/religious-preference, and relatively shallow subcultures (city, conservative, gang, liberal, new age, pop, rural, ad nauseam). The parasitic class represented by the all-seeing top pyramid layer uses mainstream culture to transform the otherwise inconsequential differences into toxic horizontal social divisions. The more people within each layer focus on each other, the less they focus on the parasites who would otherwise starve.
1.c. The all-seeing eye is also a pyramid layer in the form of a capstone. Capstones have no vertical or horizontal divisions. The people in the very top’s social class keep differences between themselves inconsequential as compared to the social classes they prey upon.
2. As the sociologist C. Wright Mills wrote in his book The Power Elite, localities such as villages, towns, and cities have an extremely influential upper class. The localities have social structures similar to the All Seeing Pyramid, but are under other economic-political pyramids such as counties; in turn under other pyramids going all the way up to the empire level. It’s at the empire level where separate but roughly equal pyramids warily eye one another.
3. In conclusion, the pyramid social structure model is toxic and made possible by toxic culture.
3.a. An example of the model’s toxicity is from 1900 to 2000, those representing the social institution of The State murdered over a quarter billion innocent people, incarcerated and tortured millions more, and widely practiced eugenics and involuntary medical experimentation. These expenses of the state, the lost opportunity costs, and the fact that everything the state owns and does is paid for by the productive classes also results in tens of thousands unnecessarily dying daily from starvation and disease; while the rest of us have much more shortened and degraded lives then we would without the social engineering and parasitic nature of the state.
3.b. Paragraph 1.b. describes much of the toxic culture. Several of my other mini-essays further describe culture, and http://www.notbeinggoverned.com/anarchy-never-been-tried-part-i/ provides a good example of doing otherwise. Another example is https://www.facebook.com/notes/peter-voluntaryist-walker/comparing-bonobo-chimp-and-human-morality-can-improve-ours/900313866663101.
This mini-essay posted at https://www.facebook.com/notes/peter-voluntaryist-walker/the-textbook-case-of-1776-and-how-unhealthy-cultures-work/897576000270221 and (to be continued).
– “The pyramid is conventionally shown as consisting of 13 layers to refer to the 13 original states. The adopting resolution provides that it is inscribed on its base with the date MDCCLXXVI (1776, the year of the United States Declaration of Independence, in Roman numerals). Where the top of the pyramid should be, the Eye of Providence watches over it. Two mottos appear: Annuit cœptis signifies that Providence has ‘approved of (our) undertakings.’ Novus ordo seclorum, freely taken from Virgil, is Latin for ‘a new order of the ages.’ The reverse has never been cut (as a seal) but appears, for example, on the back of the one-dollar bill.”
– http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Seal_of_the_United_States#Reverse- It’s impossible to say whether the intent of the Continental Congress was benign or malign because only individuals intend. It is, however, possible to say the individuals in the Congress included slaveholders and others who had similar strict forced hierarchical visions of society. I don’t know how my man Ben Franklin could tolerate being around several or more of them.
– Prior to WWII, empires were easy to identify because they had colonies. After WWII, colonies were replaced by varying degrees of proxy representations and alliances. For instance, several if not many democratically elected governments were toppled by the CIA, MI6, and possibly others as part of what I speculate but can’t know for sure is a corporate empire as described by John Perkins, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Perkins_(author). For lack of a better term, many including myself refer to this as the New World Order. I further speculate but can’t know for sure an opposing corporate empire is being formed along the lines of the BRICS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRICS). There’s probably by comparison several mini-empires existing or being formed along the newer stealth model.
– https://www.facebook.com/notes/peter-voluntaryist-walker/there-are-presently-only-four-economic-systems/739410346086788 and the following quotes from FascismUSA.com:
“Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism’. I’m afraid, based on my own long experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security.” – Sen. Huey Long
“The next step in a fascist government is the combination under an energetic leader of a number of men who possess more than the average share of leisure, brutality, and stupidity. The next step is to fascinate fools and muzzle the intelligent, by emotional excitement on the one hand and terrorism on the other.” – Bertrand Russell
“Without exhaustive debate, even heated debate, of ideas and programs, free government would weaken and wither. But if we allow ourselves to be persuaded that every individual or party that takes issue with our own convictions is necessarily wicked or treasonous then, indeed, we are approaching the end of freedom’s road.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
“I told RT Moscow that the United States was the most complete police state in human history. Thanks to modern technology, Washington is able to spy on its subjects far beyond the capabilities of Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler. Even George Orwell’s imagination in his dystopian novel, 1984, has been surpassed by Washington’s current practice. The “war on terror” is the excuse for the American Police State. A police state, I said, was inconsistent with an armed population, and as all other constitutional amendments have fallen, the sole remaining amendment, the Second Amendment, will not survive much longer.” – Paul Craig Roberts
“All citizens are inhabitants of the electronic concentration camp…Indeed, The government is already preparing electronic dossiers on virtually every citizen… Anything that you’ve ever said or done… can now be tracked, collected, catalogued, analyzed, and placed in an electronic file… Under so-called “civil commitment” laws in place in all fifty states, tens of thousands of arrests are taking place across the country, with Americans being made to “disappear” into mental institutions.” – John W. Whitehead, A Government of Wolves
“Perhaps the most serious threat of `galloping conservatism’ is that in a time of crisis it could easily be transformed into full-blown fascism. When people are afraid they are susceptible to trading away their civil liberties to protect their `things.’ One of the arch apostles of conservative economics, Milton Friedman, has already said that, given the choice between preserving American constitutional freedoms and the economic freedom to make a dollar without interference, he would choose economic freedom hands down… how tragically ironic if conservative Americans bartered away their constitutional liberties to preserve their affluent lifestyles.” – Tom Sine
“America is a lot closer to fascism today than a free republic.” – Charley Reese
“The American people have suffered a coup d’état, but they are reluctant to acknowledge it.” – Paul Craig Roberts
“Fascism, which was not afraid to call itself reactionary… does not hesitate to call itself illiberal and anti-liberal.” – Benito Mussolini
“Why of course the people don’t want war… That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” – Hermann Goering
“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” – William Casey, CIA Director
Paragraph 3.b.: https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/MURDER.HTM
<photo id=”1″ /><photo id=”2″ />