- How Concepts Versus Instances Separate Free and Unfree Minds, aka Human Nature and Healthy vs. Unhealthy Culture on
- Ninety References Related to Crime Families on
- Steven Pinker on What I Call Interobjectivity (video link and mp3 file) on
- How Concepts Versus Instances Separate Free and Unfree Minds, aka Human Nature and Healthy vs. Unhealthy Culture on
- How Concepts Versus Instances Separate Free and Unfree Minds, aka Human Nature and Healthy vs. Unhealthy Culture on
The individual is a concrete concept and all groupings, political or otherwise, are abstract concepts; and it’s immoral for abstract concepts to trump concrete concepts.
Interesting how YouTube does framing, like a video with counter-mainstream but completely logical political content has “up next” something strawmanning “conspiracists”.
(Please see first comment for links in text form.)
(About thirteen short paragraphs plus endnotes, Revision One copyleft 06-06-2016 by Peter Voluntaryistic Walker)
PART ONE: BLUE PILL/RED PILL DEFINED
I-1. The Matrix movie popularized the blue/red pill metaphor as a very useful label; but it means different things to different people, as do its equivalents such as The Wall from Pink Floyd, The Cave of Shadows from Socrates as told by Plato, L. Frank Baum’s The Man Behind the Curtain, etc.
I-2. I conclude blue or red pill is a metaphor for the domesticated or undomesticated human brain. The Matrix is our species’ social institution of a few domesticating the many. The superclass is the few, who also domesticate themselves; but to be sheeple harvesters rather than sheeple. This social institution of self-domestication unnecessarily kills millions annually, makes life miserable or worse for billions, and drastically lowers quality of life for the rest — superclass included.
I-2.a. Humans are livestock domesticaters, and our most profitable livestock is each other (please see my endnote about the word profit). Unlike other livestock, most of us domesticate ourselves, breed ourselves, sheepdog ourselves, sheer ourselves, butcher ourselves, and worshipfully deliver ourselves in the form of sheeple wool, milk, and mutton fodder to our owners.
I-2.b. For instance, a United States social security number (SSN, or the equivalent in other countries) is a human livestock tag, like the plastic barcode tag on a cow’s ear. I was in 1974 USAF basic training signing papers with my SSN number on them when the drill instructor casually mentioned the FR are in front of our SSN stood for Federal Reserve — he even called it a FRN, not a SSN. I now know IBM Corporation worked in 1930s Germany to provide a punch card for every tattoo on a Jewish person’s arm at the same time the USA government was establishing SSNs; same technology for similar endgames.
I-2.c. Unfortunately for the 1930s era western civilization superclass, one of of their appointed sheepdogs, Adolph Hitler, was going rogue at the same time an eastern civilization superclass was rising. Such recurring patterns are as old as the first empires and continue to distract superclass members from their cushy lifestyles; but some such as George Senior Bush probably enjoy it the way a cat enjoys playing with a captured mouse, while others such as George Junior only reluctantly attend to such issues.
I-2.d. The blue and red pill are an either-or proposition, but to what extent a human brain is domesticated varies as metaphorically represented by shades of blue gradually changing to shades of purple, then gradually changing to shades of red. I conclude there’s no such thing as a 100% blue or red condition for a human brain in our present stage of evolution. So to “take the red pill” doesn’t mean you immediately have a red pill mind, it means you begin the red pill journey the way Neo (as in neocon/neolib) began learning red pill skills in The Matrix movie.
I-2.d. This description of our species’ Matrix is abbreviated. The endnotes include some references and those in turn contain more.
I-3. I consider myself a red pill person, but someone I consider blue probably considers me blue and he or she red. Like most people-labels, the metaphor represents complex concepts, but is often a smoke screen for the mind game My Side Against Your Side. The Sides dumbed-down version of reality is due to our species’ mainstream culture not yet breaking free from pre-modern human tribalism. It brutally represses first principles and replaces them with indoctrination.
I-3.a. Many fans of the movie interpret the Matrix metaphor as applying only to science fiction. Others such as myself conclude there is the equivalent of a society-wide or human species-wide Matrix, but we don’t all agree on what it is. Many with doctrines such as socialism or capitalism see the Matrix as the opposite of their chosen doctrine.
I-3.b. Rather than having a doctrine, dogma, ideology, belief system, etc., I have no beliefs; only conclusions subject to change upon new or better information. To many, such splitting of hairs between words is irrelevant, but I completely disagree. Our species’ Matrix greatly depends on semantics to keep most of us dumbed down: Newspeak, Prolefeed, etc.
I-3.c. There’s an Amazon tribe with no word representing the number four or any higher number. Instead they say “more than three.” A similar Amazon tribe has the same semantic with five rather than three. Little doubt that periodically rare creative tribal members have suggested improvements to such semantics, but were ignored or worse.
I-3.d. Orwellianism is an example of modern society’s semantics that brainbind. For instance until I was 58 years old, the words chaos and anarchy had identical meanings. After taking a sabbatical from the rat race to research things that never made sense to me, one thing I learned is anarchy has two core meanings: One chaos and the other the absence of the social institution of the state, aka government (as opposed to government in the context of an individual governing him or herself). Prior to my sabbatical, having no concept that our species could thrive without government meant my thoughts were restricted to improving government rather than exploring alternatives. This is the equivalent of Thomas Paine believing his efforts needed to be focused on making the divine right of kings more divine.
PART TWO: TO TAKE OR NOT TO TAKE THE RED PILL, THAT IS THE QUESTION
II-1. In the Matrix movie there was at least one character who took the red pill but then regretted doing so and as such change to a perverted form of the red pill; i.e., consciously working for the owners despite knowing better.
II.1.a. It would’ve been better for people overall if he never took the red pill. The metaphor applies to present society; e.g., Bill Clinton was born into a blue collar family, but through social institutions set-up by the owners/rulers/enforcers, was identified as capable of understanding the red pill and being a potential red pill leader if not co-opted.
II.1.b. At age 59 I took the red pill as explained below; but the shock was such that I spent several years abusing alcohol as a cushion to my shock. If I had that much shock at, for instance, age 40 when I was raising a family, it would’ve done more harm than good. That’s what I mean by To Take or Not to Take the Red Pill — it may not be in your interest to open the Pandora’s Box.
II-1.c. Taking the red pill is in many ways like starting life all over with a toddler brain. The difference is physical adults have decades of unlearning to do, emotional as well as logical. This set of things to unlearn is your false self and has its own sentience. It was created in you from birth by blue pill people practicing their mainstream culture.
II-1.d. The false self is mostly subconscious, has its own sentience, and represents the Matrix by ruling over your true self. Your true self is both conscious and subconscious, but has been beaten down and trained to only think clearly in isolated areas of life such as having the means to pay your Matrix taxes, create new blue pill people, and maintain pressure and worse on your peers to conform.
II-1.e. In my case, an extreme one, the true self versus false self struggle literally almost killed me. It was like a mutiny on a ship where the old captain would rather sink the ship and all aboard rather than surrender.
II-1.e.1. I was 58 when I retired and spent two years researching all the things that never made sense to me. I was both continuing to research and in such a state of shock that I made my life worse by medicating emotional pain with alcohol. I accept 100% responsibility. Justice in a voluntary society is first prevention, then restitution rather than punishment. Justice for myself is being born into a toxic culture and helping to spread and enforce it. Now I’m a survivor, making restitution without the waste of punishing myself.
II-1.e.2. I now consider myself about 90% emotionally/mentally red pill. I’m physically about 50% blue pill due to being a USA military veteran and due to my present health condition being dependant on the grid.
II-2. There are red pill parents with fortunate (at least in that respect) children who start life as red pill people. My writing here applies to them as part of their education, and it applies to the rest of us as part of an informed decision.
II-3. To “take the red pill” doesn’t mean to immediately have a red pill mind. It means to gradually, and for some faster than for others, shed mainstream culture and instead start using one’s mind without beliefs but instead conclusions subject to change upon new information.
II-4. In conclusion:
II-4.a. Mainstream culture is more accurately called lamestream culture because it keeps your brain lame. It is The Matrix, The Wall, The Cave of Shadows, The Curtain tore down by Toto because he was the only nonconformist there.
II-4.b. In the scolding words of superclass spokesperson Bill Clinton, “How dare you” (google “bill clinton how dare you”). How dare you permanent children begin thinking for yourselves and outgrow the culture made just for you by your betters. How dare you recognize you have your own keys to your own chains on your own brains.
II-4.c. To take the blue pill is to ignore the part in you passed down from your pre-domesticated ancestors. To ignore that part is the height of voluntary ignorance.
– Neo is living a good life, or so he thinks. Then he learns his brain and body are hardwired into a simulated reality called “the Matrix”, created by sentient machines to secure their life from their greatest threat, humans. The Matrix controls them and uses their brain activity the way a super computer uses parallel processors. Matrix escapees unwire him and he goes on the run from the Matrix’s enforcers. Escapee leader Morpheus offers Neo a blue pill to forget and return to the illusion, or a red pill to remain in the painful world of reality. The movie’s character Cypher regrets having taken the red pill and is an informant to the enforcers in exchange for a promised illusion of continuous immediate gratification.
– A brain is a physical organ; a mind is the thought content of that brain. The social institution of human domestication works on both the physical part, for instance the pharmaceutical industry, and the thought part, for instance the traumatizing of children to dumb them down.
– To say human species-wide is more accurate than to say society-wide. For many, thinking of ourselves as a species is an alien concept; as I have no doubt the superclass prefers it to be.
– I don’t claim to know what’s inside of other people’s heads as in knowing whether or not an individual is a blue or red pill person. Rather I conclude most of my contemporaries are blue pill people the same way I conclude most of them are literate by present mainstream standards. Some are bilingual literate in the same way that some are purple pill people. A few are semantic linguists in the same way that a few are red pill people. Distinguishing which individual contains which pill is an entirely different matter, and in most individual cases is none of my business. When it is my business is when a person is voluntarily engaging in a discussion about related issues. Based on the discussion, I may consider that person a blue, purple, or red pill person; with the caveat that he or she may be role playing and thus misleading me.
– I don’t consider the word sheeple to be an insult; rather it describes a state of the human brain and body both being in captivity. Some say you’re either a sheeple or not; no middle ground. But I agree with Harry Browne, who in his 1970s book Living Free in an Unfree World (you can google the .pdf and find it free) said most people are only about 30% free when they could be 70% free, and he explained how. I define freedom as the absence of illusion and initiated coercion, so I consider myself 90% illusion free and 50% physically free, for a 70% nonsheeple, aka escapee, rating. The five core social classes are the owners, the enforcers, the maintainers, the producers, and the escapees. The core levels are a basic representation of much more complex and socially dynamic conditions and actions.
– Having researched them exhaustively, I use the word profit above in the context of what it appears to be from a superclass perspective; a domesticated and perverted one.
– I informally use labels for myself such as red pill person or your friendly local anarchist, but formal and informal use differ in purpose and preciseness. Informal use of a label would be among people who agree on its meaning or who are willing to listen to what I mean by it. Informal can also mean within the context of humor or small talk.
– Amazon tribes with few numeric words — http://www.theguardian.com/education/2004/oct/21/research.highereducation1 — I am in no way demeaning any tribe, person, or group. I’m only focusing on differences that may be worth discussing.
– Orwellian in this context refers to a gatekeeping version of language as in the book 1984, but the principal and practice goes back thousands of years.
– I personally relate to Thomas Paine’s experiences, but I don’t claim any such greatness or whatever.
Para. I-4.: I’m talking about starving a social institution, not any one person. Parasitic people such as the superclass can become unparasitic, and any incapable of doing so can be adequately provided for through charity. Undomestication of all people will benefit all people.
– The unfortunate side of being born red pill is being a stranger in a strange and deadly land. I learned a survival tool when worked for an over the road trucker. He ran two log books, one to show the government, the other for billing the company he contracted with. They taught him how.
— Thus if you’re a student in a public school, you have to convince the teachers you agree even though you know better. The concept also applies whenever it’s in your advantage to go along and get along; for instance if you’re at the dentist’s office and you don’t want to piss him off.
— l strive to choose my battles carefully because being a red pill person can have repercussions such as being the last hired and the first fired. I take a small risk by putting essays like this one where the public can read them, but it’s different than having an in-person discussion. A blue pill person can read my first sentence and and quit much easier than they can leave a discussion without appearing to have lost their side of whatever case they’re making. Additionally, I’m a senior citizen and have less to lose by letting it be widely known that mentally I’m a free market anarchist.
– There are also some purple pill type people who I need as friends, family, and allies. They know where I stand, and as allies we agree to disagree about certain things.
– A textbook toxic culture example is ancient Sparta. It was centrally planned social engineering. Boys were taken at age seven and the army became their family. They were severely abused and trained to kill as if they were pitbulls bred and trained for nothing but killing.
— Present mainstream cultures don’t seem so extreme, but they are. Sparta contained soldiers and other social classes, with the whole social structure held in place through violently enforced hierarchical authority. When one seriously compares this social structure to that of any country, one realizes the structure differs only in detail. If one further studies and compares our capability as a species to this global system of political borders, one concludes our specie’s present system of political hierarchy unnecessarily kills millions annually, makes life miserable or worse for billions, and drastically lowers quality of life for the rest; superclass included.
— Think of having a time machine and bringing an ancient Spartan soldier to our time. We try to get him therapy where he doesn’t want to have slaves, routinely maim and kill people, etc. He would probably be too far gone to repair. The same principle of a Spartan time-transported to today applies if people from a future voluntary society transported one of us to their time and gave us therapy to become a whole human being — but actually this IS happening, just not with a time machine. It’s through imagineering, for instance nonpseudo intellectuals describing how future voluntary societies can work; people experimenting with alternative systems such as peaceful parenting, agorism, nongovernment money and law, and people spreading the message. The therapy, whether professional or self-administered, also exists. A tip of the iceberg example is Stefan Molyneux’s weekly call-in show.
[If your browser says the file is corrupt, it’s not and will play in a different browser or if you download it for off-line play.]
I conclude there are three core categories of people reacting/responding to political issues: (1) Those opting out of political discussion such as James Corbett said when asked about his spouse on a Questions for Corbett YouTube; (2) Those reacting to political issues as if they’re simple problems with simple alleged solutions such as “Love it or leave it” which they sometimes don’t even agree with themselves (i.e., Newspeak, Doublethink, etcetera). My spouse sometimes does this, but her and I have a peace treaty similar to James C.’s; i.e., our relationship is at the midbrain rather than forebrain level; (3) Those responding similar to the way a science team works on solving a complex problem.
(Eight short paragraphs plus endnotes, Revision Two, 5-31-2016 by Peter Voluntaryistic Walker)
1. The disease model is organ->disorder->symptom. The social organ is culture, the disorder is the spread of unreason-memes, and the symptoms both by design and social inertia are the non-superclass fighting each other. I included “1776” in the title because it was an experiment in limited government and long ago the results were in and said limited government is an oxymoron. The symbol of an all-seeing eye (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-seeing_eye) on top of layered bricks, what I call “The All-Seeing Pyramid”, is the perfect diagram of how most if not all mainstream human cultures work. The version on the reverse of 1935 and later United States dollar bills is based on the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States. In the 1782 words of the Continental Congress, it’s “A pyramid unfinished. In the zenith an eye in a triangle, surrounded by a glory, proper.”
1.a. The horizontal layers of bricks represent social class. Some societies have more social mobility between the layers than others, but their mainstream cultures maintain the horizontal layers as a form of command-and-control for the Orwellian all-seeing top layer.
1.b. The vertical lines within each layer represent what in a healthy society would be marginal differences such as age, ethnic group, abilities/disabilities, gender/gender-preference, political/religious-preference, and relatively shallow subcultures (city, conservative, gang, liberal, new age, pop, rural, ad nauseam). The parasitic class represented by the all-seeing top pyramid layer uses mainstream culture to transform the otherwise inconsequential differences into toxic horizontal social divisions. The more people within each layer focus on each other, the less they focus on the parasites who would otherwise starve.
1.c. The all-seeing eye is also a pyramid layer in the form of a capstone. Capstones have no vertical or horizontal divisions. The people in the very top’s social class keep differences between themselves inconsequential as compared to the social classes they prey upon.
2. As the sociologist C. Wright Mills wrote in his book The Power Elite, localities such as villages, towns, and cities have an extremely influential upper class. The localities have social structures similar to the All Seeing Pyramid, but are under other economic-political pyramids such as counties; in turn under other pyramids going all the way up to the empire level. It’s at the empire level where separate but roughly equal pyramids warily eye one another.
3. In conclusion, the pyramid social structure model is toxic and made possible by toxic culture.
3.a. An example of the model’s toxicity is from 1900 to 2000, those representing the social institution of The State murdered over a quarter billion innocent people, incarcerated and tortured millions more, and widely practiced eugenics and involuntary medical experimentation. These expenses of the state, the lost opportunity costs, and the fact that everything the state owns and does is paid for by the productive classes also results in tens of thousands unnecessarily dying daily from starvation and disease; while the rest of us have much more shortened and degraded lives then we would without the social engineering and parasitic nature of the state.
3.b. Paragraph 1.b. describes much of the toxic culture. Several of my other mini-essays further describe culture, and http://www.notbeinggoverned.com/anarchy-never-been-tried-part-i/ provides a good example of doing otherwise. Another example is https://www.facebook.com/notes/peter-voluntaryist-walker/comparing-bonobo-chimp-and-human-morality-can-improve-ours/900313866663101.
This mini-essay posted at https://www.facebook.com/notes/peter-voluntaryist-walker/the-textbook-case-of-1776-and-how-unhealthy-cultures-work/897576000270221 and (to be continued).
– “The pyramid is conventionally shown as consisting of 13 layers to refer to the 13 original states. The adopting resolution provides that it is inscribed on its base with the date MDCCLXXVI (1776, the year of the United States Declaration of Independence, in Roman numerals). Where the top of the pyramid should be, the Eye of Providence watches over it. Two mottos appear: Annuit cœptis signifies that Providence has ‘approved of (our) undertakings.’ Novus ordo seclorum, freely taken from Virgil, is Latin for ‘a new order of the ages.’ The reverse has never been cut (as a seal) but appears, for example, on the back of the one-dollar bill.”
– http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Seal_of_the_United_States#Reverse- It’s impossible to say whether the intent of the Continental Congress was benign or malign because only individuals intend. It is, however, possible to say the individuals in the Congress included slaveholders and others who had similar strict forced hierarchical visions of society. I don’t know how my man Ben Franklin could tolerate being around several or more of them.
– Prior to WWII, empires were easy to identify because they had colonies. After WWII, colonies were replaced by varying degrees of proxy representations and alliances. For instance, several if not many democratically elected governments were toppled by the CIA, MI6, and possibly others as part of what I speculate but can’t know for sure is a corporate empire as described by John Perkins, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Perkins_(author). For lack of a better term, many including myself refer to this as the New World Order. I further speculate but can’t know for sure an opposing corporate empire is being formed along the lines of the BRICS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRICS). There’s probably by comparison several mini-empires existing or being formed along the newer stealth model.
– https://www.facebook.com/notes/peter-voluntaryist-walker/there-are-presently-only-four-economic-systems/739410346086788 and the following quotes from FascismUSA.com:
“Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism’. I’m afraid, based on my own long experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security.” – Sen. Huey Long
“The next step in a fascist government is the combination under an energetic leader of a number of men who possess more than the average share of leisure, brutality, and stupidity. The next step is to fascinate fools and muzzle the intelligent, by emotional excitement on the one hand and terrorism on the other.” – Bertrand Russell
“Without exhaustive debate, even heated debate, of ideas and programs, free government would weaken and wither. But if we allow ourselves to be persuaded that every individual or party that takes issue with our own convictions is necessarily wicked or treasonous then, indeed, we are approaching the end of freedom’s road.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
“I told RT Moscow that the United States was the most complete police state in human history. Thanks to modern technology, Washington is able to spy on its subjects far beyond the capabilities of Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler. Even George Orwell’s imagination in his dystopian novel, 1984, has been surpassed by Washington’s current practice. The “war on terror” is the excuse for the American Police State. A police state, I said, was inconsistent with an armed population, and as all other constitutional amendments have fallen, the sole remaining amendment, the Second Amendment, will not survive much longer.” – Paul Craig Roberts
“All citizens are inhabitants of the electronic concentration camp…Indeed, The government is already preparing electronic dossiers on virtually every citizen… Anything that you’ve ever said or done… can now be tracked, collected, catalogued, analyzed, and placed in an electronic file… Under so-called “civil commitment” laws in place in all fifty states, tens of thousands of arrests are taking place across the country, with Americans being made to “disappear” into mental institutions.” – John W. Whitehead, A Government of Wolves
“Perhaps the most serious threat of `galloping conservatism’ is that in a time of crisis it could easily be transformed into full-blown fascism. When people are afraid they are susceptible to trading away their civil liberties to protect their `things.’ One of the arch apostles of conservative economics, Milton Friedman, has already said that, given the choice between preserving American constitutional freedoms and the economic freedom to make a dollar without interference, he would choose economic freedom hands down… how tragically ironic if conservative Americans bartered away their constitutional liberties to preserve their affluent lifestyles.” – Tom Sine
“America is a lot closer to fascism today than a free republic.” – Charley Reese
“The American people have suffered a coup d’état, but they are reluctant to acknowledge it.” – Paul Craig Roberts
“Fascism, which was not afraid to call itself reactionary… does not hesitate to call itself illiberal and anti-liberal.” – Benito Mussolini
“Why of course the people don’t want war… That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” – Hermann Goering
“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” – William Casey, CIA Director
Paragraph 3.b.: https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/MURDER.HTM
<photo id=”1″ /><photo id=”2″ />