Excepting a few insect species that unlike us have exoskeletons and are therefore incapable of expanding their intelligence, we humans are the only known species with the social institution of domestication. For instance, we domesticated prehistoric wild bovines such as aurochs into today’s cattle, and in the same time-line era domesticated ourselves into the most profitable form of cattle by fine-tuning our pre-human social hierarchy morality/immorality as I describe in the reference point comparison http://facebook.com/notes/peter-voluntaryist-walker/bonobos-are-better-at-morality-than-chimps-or-us/1121599021201250/.
Human tribute ranches rapidly became political borders and morphed into today’s reality of annihilating ourselves and most other species via high-tech weaponry and related slovenliness. Based on my research, I conclude the present control-freak superclass prefers we as a species go extinct rather than they as addicted parasites lose their slaves.
– A minority of humans in the form of ruling classes, that is the tail wagging the dog, indoctrinate/soft-lobotomize offspring as domesticaters, and indoctrinate/soft-lobotomize the remaining to be domesticated. This indoctrination is *unhealthy culture* such as consumerism and as criticized by my friend, the deceased Lou Reed, among many others (http://youtu.be/wRQls4xR7dg). In his lyrics, Sweet Jane is rewarded with a comfort zone for unknowingly perpetuating the human self-domestication system; that is, she’s in the maintainer class of the five core social classes.
– The domesticater, domesticated, and escapee social classes have subdivisions and interclass dynamics where members of one class cross-over to a another class and vice versa; reference http://facebook.com/notes/peter-voluntaryist-walker/the-five-social-classes-of-mainstream-cultures/1132923346735484/.
— Like everything human, there’s complex details with overall patterns worth noting.
— The domesticater and domesticated classes both have persons such as myself who reject the indoctrination, and I call such persons “escapees”, “voluntaryists”, “free thinkers”, etc.; because they/we mentally and sometimes physically escape domestication.
– Tribute ranch owners are mostly invisible and it’s rare for them to be detectable except through their foremen (human sheepdogs for sheeple) called “professional politicians”, ranchers who trade and negotiate with each other the same way the open range 1800’s USA bovine ranchers did; sometimes as themselves and sometimes through front-persons.
— Many domesticated people believe they own real estate, and for some practical purposes they temporarily in peacetime do provided they pay tribute to their owning ranchers. That is, paying taxes/tribute is being sheeple-sheered; being incarcerated, going to war, and other forms of being a scapegoat are being sheeple-butchered. Unlike other forms of livestock, we humans shear and butcher each other and freely hand over the proceeds to our owners.
— When a person moves to or visits another tribute ranch, aka country, their paperwork is the equivalent of a rancher selling a cow or loaning out a bull for breeding. Your social security number or, depending on the ranch you come from, equivalent identification number is equivalent to the barcode or identification microchip on or in a cow or bull.
— Sometimes disagreements among ranchers turn into range wars; aka police actions, wars, and world wars.
— Ranchers of humans indoctrinate and preoccupy us with fantasies such as voting and arguing between ourselves about eco-political candy-coatings such as capitalism and socialism, aka the right-left paradigm.
This communication among the domesticated is the equivalent of a toddler in a toddler-friendly grocery cart believing he or she is accomplishing something by steering the wheel which is connected to nothing.
— To clarify and identify where we as a species are presently at, I wrote the essay http://facebook.com/notes/peter-voluntaryist-walker/a-voluntaryist-perspective-of-social-democracy-and-its-various-perversions-10-sh/1121204691240683/
– The first form of human domestication was prehistoric slavery. For instance, anthropologists found European prehistoric remains of a female forced to spend her whole life doing nothing but grind grain on her knees. In the 1800s such obvious forms of slavery were made illegal in most (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery) countries of the world.
– The prehistoric form of slavery has morphed into mathematical percentages such as USA citizens paying tribute to their owners through taxes extracted from paychecks for approximately one half of the employment year and in excange for being allowed to remain as free-range livestock rather than being incarcerated or butchered livestock as deterrents to others disobeying.
Getting past the domesticater-domesticated phase of our evolution begins with unindoctrination and us each socially unengineering ourselves:
– A notable book about evolution, although Alvin Toffler probably wasn’t aware he was writing a book about evolution, is the 1969 work Future Shock because it noted the quantumly accelerating rate of our species’ technological evolution.
– The domesticater/ruling classes so far successfully maintain their status through change management; i.e., why the research and academia they control continue to output partial but not full truths.
– To metaphorically relate the plight of our species to the classic anti-alcoholism commercial, there’s several elephants in the room and two of them are superstition and self-domestication.
– Most of those allegedly countering superstition such as Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris are themselves Statolatrists and through this Superstition of Authority (reference Larkin Rose’s book The Most Dangerous Superstition) demonstrate the sociological principle of assimilation where a counterculture is converted into maintaining its outward appearance but inwardly being no longer counter; just like at one time it was socially unacceptable to dress like a biker or a hippie but now it is. http://youtu.be/Gc11mJGre10
– Those of us presently few attempting to publicize the existence of the social institution of human domestication are like the child shouting “The king no clothes!” in the Hans Christian Anderson tale. People (as opposed to sheeple) like Larkin Rose are willing to chance execution for blasphemy; others such as Hans use metaphors to avoid execution. Zoologists and primatoligists such as Desmond Morris and Frans de Waal can provide hints, but dare not be blunt. Likewise publicly influential people such as David Deutsch in his book The Beginning of Infinity.
– When we’re domesticated we each have an internal *false self* (FS) that not only makes us docile for shearing and butchering, but makes us horizontally (http://facebook.com/notes/peter-voluntaryist-walker/the-textbook-case-of-1776-and-how-toxic-cultures-work/897576000270221) enforce it on our offspring and peers.
— When I recognized my FS/CPD (conformity personality disorder, the master disorder most if not all personality disorders are subordinate to), my false self was a clashing mob of subpersonalities easily manipulated by others.
— I’m just now getting to know my true self; a team of subpersonalities working together to constantly experience genuine as opposed to false (consumerism etc.) happiness.
A notable book about evolution, although Alvin Toffler probably wasn’t aware he was writing a book about evolution, is the 1969 work Future Shock because it noted the quantumly accelerating rate of our species’ technological evolution.
The domesticater/ruling classes so far successfully maintain their status through change management; i.e., why the research and academia they control continue to output partial but not full truths.
I included the graphic because emotional abuse is a large part of the domestication process.
I conclude root-cause level solutions to social issues are multi-generational because we as a species are presently evolving out of our intersubjectivity/win-lose phase into our interobjectivity/win-win phase (if we remain extant). To enable this next phase, root-level solutions include the social institutions of peaceful parenting, cohesive families/extended families, freed education, freed medicine, freed media, and cohesive communities extending to us as a species interdependent with all the others.